Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Our Heart's Desire

As we grow in our Christian walk, our desire to live as unto the Lord and turn from our sin nature becomes stronger and stronger. We see in scripture David's heart's desire in this prayer:


Psalm 139:23-24 'Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.'

David knew that God could see through all disguises. He desired to discover the wrong in his life in order that the Lord would help correct anything that was wrong in his conduct. He asked the Lord to not only search his heart, but his thoughts too.

C.H. Spurgeon said 'The heart and its thoughts must be made right, before the actions of the life can be set right.'

David was a man of courage. When he slew a lion in the way, when he successfully encountered a bear, when he went out to meet the giant Goliath, he gave undoubted proofs of courage; but never did he display such courage as when he determined to look into his own heart.

My friend, Let us pray as David did, and let us have courage to look at our heart and thoughts knowing we cannot hide our sin from God. As God reveals the areas in our lives that we need to clean up, we will be on the right path of repentance and living our lives as unto the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment