Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Monday, January 9, 2012

You are not Alone in Your Trial

Christ is always with us, even in the midst of our trials.  Yes I said 'even in the midst of trials.'  Christians are persecuted every day for their faith in many different forms, from as simple as being mocked to as serious as murder.  


We see in 2 Timothy 3:12 ', all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.'  We also see in James 1:2-3 'My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.' 
We see in the book of Acts that Stephen was stoned to death for his faith; however, God was with him and gave him the grace to endure.
  
Acts 7:59-60 'And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."  Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not charge them with this sin." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.'


Stephen experienced the pain and suffering of the trial just as believers are also not removed or relieved from the sufferings of trials, but we are given the grace and strength to endure the trials.
Stephen called out to the Lord while he was being stoned asking the Lord Jesus to receive his spirit. He knew that to be absent from the body was to be present with the Lord as it says in 2 Corinthians 5:8.
Stephen was trusting in Jesus and the wonderful love of God to give him strength as he went through the adversity.
And Stephen's last act was of forgiveness, as he pleaded for his persecutors and murderers as he said "Lord, do not charge them with this sin." We are to forgive men no matter what the offense may be.
Then scripture tells us that Stephen fell asleep. There is something peaceful about his death in spite of its violent nature. Stephen went to be with Jesus and became the first martyr of the Early Church, the first of a long line of believers who gave their lives for Jesus and the gospel.
2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight." Trust in the Lord and rest in Him as He comforts you during the trials of your life.  Know that He is with you and will not leave your or abandon you as we see in Hebrews 13:5.  God is with us 24/7 every second of the day and He will meet every need according to His plan and purpose for our life.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Lord......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glena Villahermosa PenaJanuary 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM

    We can rest in peace and feel secured about who we are if have Christ in our lives because God will never leave us or forsake us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im trying to get a understanding of the lord I want to be save and grow a relationship with god even thru my situation he has been graceful and forgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Empowered Bible Study MinistriesJanuary 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM

      Thank you Latonia, I am so happy to hear you want to be saved and grow in your relationship with God. Here is a link to our website that explains how you can know God and be saved: http://changedlivestoday.com/_webimages/knowinggod.html

      Here's an example of a prayer how to invite Jesus Christ into your life by grace through faith:

      "Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my personal Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name. Amen."

      I would love to hear from you if you have asked Jesus into your life - and would love to give you more help with pursuing a relationship with God. Our Bible studies on this blog will also help you grow in your Christian Walk. This is a journey as we pursue a relationship with Jesus Christ not a religion. Blessings to you my dear friend.

      Delete