Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

God Watches over His Children!

In our last post we talked about how Scripture shows us that God's timing is perfect and that He is continually working behind the scene for our good. Now lets look at a day we may go through today and see how God works in our lives every day even when we don't know it.

Conversation between me and God:

Me: (frustrated) God, can I ask you something?
God: Sure
Me: Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?
God: What do you mean?
Me: Well, I woke up late; my car took forever to start; At lunch, they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait; On my way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call; and to top it all off (as my voice gets louder), when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work.  Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?

God: Well let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life - I let you sleep through that 
Me: (humbled) Oh...
God: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that might have hit you if you were on the road
Me: (ashamed) .......
God:  The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work
Me: (embarrassed) Oh ...
God: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give a false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered
Me: (softly) I see God
God: Oh and the foot massager, it had a short that was going to throw out all the power in your house tonight - I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm sorry God.
God: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me in all things, the good and the bad.
Me: I will trust you God
God: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your plan
Me: I won't God, and let me just tell you God, Thank you for everything today!
God: You're welcome child, it was just another day being your God and I love looking after my children.


II Samuel 22:31; Proverbs 3:5; Hebrews 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment