Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Never Underestimate Satan's Power!

We must never underestimate Satan's power.  1 Peter 5:8 tells us 'Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.'

Peter here is commanding us to be sober and vigilant in our Christian walk.  As we walk with Christ, the devil is ready at a moment's notice to devour and destroy our testimony. This is something that we should not take lightly. We cannot let our guard down, Satan is powerful and can use our weaknesses against us to bring us down.

We need to respect the power of Satan and not put ourselves in the position where Satan can use the opportunity to devour us and tear down our testimony.  We must stand firm in our Christian walk making sure that we are continually in God's word, cultivating a relationship with God so that we will be able to detect when Satan tries to deceive us.

My friends, the more we are in the Word of God, the more we are communicating with God in prayer and seeking God's will for our lives, trusting Him in every aspect of our lives, the more we will be able to stand firm and not give into Satan's deceit.  Be vigilant my friend and make Christ Lord of your life.

9 comments:

  1. Yes,its true. Satan uses our weaknesses to let us sin....if we allow it. Thank God,he will never forsake us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respectfully disagree with 'respect' satans power! Be alert, vigilant, yes, but i will never give him the respect reserved for my Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Empowered Bible Study MinistriesFebruary 17, 2012 at 12:37 AM

      Thank you Tracey Hudson for your comment, I understand what you are saying and agree - I would never show honor to Satan either; however, when I speak of respecting Satan's power I am not talking about showing him honor. In Webster's dictionary respect can also be used as an act of giving particular attention to - considering what Satan can do. As an example; My husband and I have taken people rafting down the river - You really had to respect the power of the river. You needed to be prepared with the proper gear, know the terrain of the river, and know the group’s limitations you were guiding down the river. If you didn’t respect it, it would swallow you up and devour you. The same with Satan, you need to be aware he is out there just waiting to trip you up as Peter says - he is waiting to devour you. We need to be equipped with God's word and cultivate our relationship with God - we cannot fight Satan on our own. So when we say respect the power of Satan - we need to be aware that he is out there just waiting...be vigilant.

      Delete
    2. Noted and understand, thanks, God Bless you

      Delete
  3. So very true. We must be watchful and don't let complacency come our way. Focus on the Lord Jesus and the Power of the Holy Spirit that empowers us. Glory to God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matsy Balan-eg TumacdangFebruary 17, 2012 at 12:38 AM

    The Devil and its demons deserve no respect. Only I choose not to make an issue out of his deceitful, malicious, defamatory and provoking remarks! Luke 6:22-23 says; "Blessed are you when people hate you, and when they exclude you, revile you and defame you on account of the Son of Man." Thus, I choose to give it all to Him who promises; "I shall repay, in my own time and dreadful way!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Empowered Bible Study MinistriesFebruary 17, 2012 at 12:38 AM

      Thank you Matsy Balan-eg Tumacdang for your comment, I do agree that we do not honor Satan - however, respect is used different ways not just as 'honor' - please see my comment to Tracey above for a full explanation. Blessings to you

      Delete
  5. that's true i am agree.God bless....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings in Yeshua Shalom!!!!

    ReplyDelete