Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Anger or Danger


Anger is just one letter short of Danger. There is a righteous anger, when someone talks or does something against God, you can have a righteous anger, but this is not what we are talking about here. Scripture shows us in James 1:19 'Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger'

The Greek word for anger in James 1:19 is orge. Orge does not refer to an explosive anger as say the Greek word Thymos does. Vines expository dictionary states that Thymos is a more agitated condition of the feelings, an outburst of wrath; whereas Orge suggests a more settled or abiding condition of mind, frequently with a view to taking revenge. Therefore, it is more like a smoldering resentment inside just building up. Which could actually be very DANGEROUS because it sits and festers deep within.

Are you slow to anger or do you fester anger inside, smoldering resentment and plotting revenge. My friend, turn your anger over to The Lord and ask Him to take that anger from you. Remember that your actions are revealed in your testimony, don't discredit your testimony for The Lord! Revenge simply is Not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment