Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Dynamic lesson on Prayer

Prayer is so essential in the life of a believer and we see time and time again that the Apostle Paul was a man of prayer. Not only was the Church in Philippi on his mind, but let's continue in our study and look at Philippians 1:4 'always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy'.


What a dynamic lesson on prayer! Paul had a deep love and concern for the church in Philippi that he kept them always in his prayer. It is amazing to think that here Paul was in Prison and yet instead of thinking about himself, he was thinking about his fellow believers in Philippi. Can we say that? Are we in constant prayer for others or are we drowning in our own circumstances? My friend, there is joy in praying - Paul says, 'it brought him joy' as he prayed for them. We meet now for the first time with that "joy" which is the keynote of this Epistle.

There are many things in this world that can rob us of our joy; however, as we take a deeper look at the Apostle Paul, we see the key to experiencing Joy - pure joy in the Lord in spite of the circumstances around us. It is the presence of the Lord in our lives; it is not based on circumstances, it is implanted in our heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment