Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Guard my Mouth Lord

As believers, if we are to maintain control, then we need to turn the control over to Jesus Christ right. He needs to be in the driver’s seat.


One area that is sometimes hard to manage is the tongue. When Christ controls the tongue, then we need not fear saying the wrong things. David knew this, that is why he said in Psalms 141:3 "Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips."

My friend, never underestimate the power of the tongue and how good words can spread from person to person the same way bad words can. We can have an influence on a person by what we say.

Proverbs 15:1 "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Proverbs 12:22 "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who deal truthfully are His delight."

Proverbs 10:19 "In the multitude of words sin is not lacking, but he who restrains his lips is wise."

Proverbs 11:9 "The hypocrite with his mouth destroys his neighbor, but through knowledge the righteous will be delivered."

Proverbs 17:27 "He who has knowledge spares his words, and a man of understanding is of a calm spirit."

Lord, may the words on my lips bring honor and glory to your name! Place a guard on my mouth day and night. In Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment