Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Evaluating our Lives

Will we be able to say with the Apostle Paul, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. The Apostle Paul greatly suffered for Christ's sake as he penned about some of his persecutions in 2 Corinthians 11:23-30


Fellow Jews had beaten Paul with 39 stripes on 5 different occasions. The law of Moses limited such punishment to 40 blows, but Jewish custom permitted only 39 lest a miscount go beyond what the Law allowed. Deuteronomy 25:3 “Forty blows he may give him and no more, lest he should exceed this and beat him with many blows above these, and your brother be humiliated in your sight." The Gentiles also sentenced Paul to a beating with rods three different times. He was stoned by his own people. At Lystra Jewish rebels persuaded a mob to illegally stone Paul; afterward they dragged him outside the city leaving him for dead as we see in Acts 14:19. He was shipwrecked and many of his journeys he faced danger. Acts 20:23 “except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me.”

You can go on and on talking about Paul’s sufferings for Christ. The point to note is Paul’s faithfulness through all his sufferings; Nothing turned him away from Christ or his ministry. Christ had called him to preach and minister, and he would not be stopped except by death.

We need to evaluate our lives and make sure that we can say with Paul, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. ~ 2 Timothy 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment