Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

No Hurt is Wasted

Life simply hurts sometimes doesn't it! We pray and ask God to fix my hurt and yet it continues on. We plead with God to please help me through this and yet there doesn't seem to be any relief. Then the scripture comes to mind that sums up how we feel ... "My days are past, my plans are torn apart, Even the wishes of my heart. ~ Job 17:11


So the question is asked 'Why doesn't God stop the suffering in those who believe in Him?'

My friend, no where in the Bible does it say when you become a Christian your suffering will end; No where does it say that if you follow Jesus Christ you will no longer suffer. In fact, the Apostle Peter said in 1 Peter 4:12 "Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you". He also reminds us that we will suffer "grief in all kinds of trials" 1 Peter 1:6, yet we can still have hope because God never wastes a hurt, He uses adversity in this life to strengthen our faith. Our suffering is Not to tear us down but to build us up!

Nothing that God allows us to go through in this life is pointless. Even in the midst of hurt and seemingly unfair circumstances, scripture tells us that God will use them for our good ~ Romans 8:28

Recall the beauty of trusting the only One who can see what is and what is to come. Nahum 1:7... "The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

You don't have to have all the answers, You just need to trust The Lord your God to fulfill His plan in your life. Isaiah 55:9b ... "My ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

No comments:

Post a Comment