Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Search my heart Lord

We all have what is known as “self-hyphenated” sins in our lives. To be specific, the self-sins are: self-righteousness, self-pity, self-confidence, self-sufficiency, self-admiration, self-love, and a host of others like them.


How do we combat “self”: We need to make sure that we are in the word daily and communicating with God daily. Not just a meek reading where we read a quick chapter or a quick encouragement for the day. I am talking about deep searching, studying the scripture not just reading it, but asking God to reveal His word to us in our hearts.

We need to ask God as David did in Psalms 139:23-24: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.” (NKJV )

My friend, we need to make sure that we have surrendered all to God, that we don’t leave any roots of the “things” in our lives to take the place of God. What happens when we leave roots – they grow back, don’t they? We need to ask God to help us pluck them out. We need to ask God to help remove the self-hyphenated sins in our lives.

Life is not all about me, it is about God. We were made in His image. We need to take stock and ask, “Do I glorify God in everything I do?” When you live in total surrender to God, there is a peace and joy that will flood your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment