Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Jehovah Jireh

Jehovah Jireh - The Lord our provider
Boaz's treatment of Ruth is a striking picture of the concern and care of Christ for us.


Ruth 2:8-9 "Then Boaz said to Ruth, "You will listen, my daughter, will you not? Do not go to glean in another field, nor go from here, but stay close by my young women. Let your eyes be on the field which they reap, and go after them. Have I not commanded the young men not to touch you? And when you are thirsty, go to the vessels and drink from what the young men have drawn."

Boaz spotted Ruth working in his fields and immediately sought her out to help her by inviting her to glean in his fields and in his alone. So the Lord sees us and knows exactly where we are and what our needs are. Nothing is hid from God. But this was not all that Boaz did for Ruth: he also promised to protect and provide for her (2:9). He informed her that he had instructed his men not to touch her and that she could drink water from the very jars provided for his workers. Remember Ruth was a Moabite, an enemy to the Jews, so people could have been very cruel to her. Just as Boaz promised to protect and provide for Ruth, so the Lord protects and provides for us. Thank you Lord Jesus for keeping me safe and for always meeting my needs according to your will and purpose for my life! May you rest my friend, knowing that our Lord, Jehovah Jireh will provide all your needs, He is our Strongtower, our Protector!

No comments:

Post a Comment