Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Deepening our Relationship

Prayer is the responsibility of every Christian. God's word tells us to pray as we see in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 'Pray without ceasing'.
The problem that we find is that many Christians have come to see prayer as nothing more than a way to ask for what they want or cry out to God as a lifeguard to save them from drowning in their daily circumstances.

My friend we are not to pray just because we have to or just as a means to supply our needs and get out of trouble. We pray because talking to God is a privilege!

Prayer is entering into a relationship with God so we can communicate with Him and He with us so that we may know what His will is for our lives. Imagine if a friend of yours only talked to you when they needed something, that wouldn't be much of a friendship would it!

The same with Christ, He doesn't just want us to talk to Him when we need something or need help getting out of a certain circumstance. He wants a personal relationship with us.

Oh my friend, deepen your relationship with God - talk to him daily and let Him know you appreciate Him! 1 Thessalonians 5:18 goes on to say 'in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.' Someone has said that seven days without prayer makes one Christian weak! Pray my friend and be strong in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment