Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Heavenly Treasures

No matter what age you are, at the end of the day there is one question we need to ask ourselves: 'Did anything in my day count for Jesus Christ?' If the answer is 'No' then that day was wasted.


Matthew 6:19-21 'Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.'

Where is your heart? What does your life show you treasure? To build heavenly treasures we need to examine our lives. Some earthly treasures are not bad in and of themselves, we just need to find a balance in life.

The time spent on earthly treasures could be spent investing in someone's life for the Lord, reading God's word, praying, sharing the gospel - these things will last in the end when we follow God's plan for our lives. Don't waste your life, store up heavenly treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment