Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Ultimate Joy in Christ

The believer is forever secure in the keeping power of the Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, he walks rejoicing in the Lord: he rejoices no matter what confronts him. This is how the Apostle Paul felt as he sat in prison and wrote these words: 'Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!' ~ Philippians 4:4



Paul was full of joy because he knew that no matter what happened to him, Jesus Christ was with him. You see, ultimate joy comes from Christ living inside us!

When a person rejoices in the Lord, his mind is focused upon the Lord, upon what the Lord has done for him. And the mind cannot be in two places at once. If it is upon the Lord and His glorious salvation, then it cannot be upon the trials and false teachings of this world. The Christian life is a matter of attitude. I like how one commentator put it: Our inner attitudes do not have to reflect our outward circumstances.

No matter what confronts the believer, no matter how terrible the trial, we know that we are in the care of the Lord Jesus Christ! We know that there is nothing that will separate us from The Lord or His love.

Therefore, we can say with the Apostle Paul 'I Always Rejoice in the Lord'!

No comments:

Post a Comment