Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Living together with understanding

Let us look today at the first two areas of responsibility that a husband has to his wife: 1 Peter 3:7 "Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding..."


First we see the Physical - "dwell with them" and then the Intellectual - "with understanding": Husbands are to dwell with their wives; He should not be out pursuing his own personal interest and hobbies but he should be close to his wife, building a life together as a team. I know I cherish the times my husband and I have together. So many couples today seem to spend so much time apart doing their own things that it is no wonder when they get to retirement years they are strangers. My friends, we need to grow physically and spiritually together. Dwelling also implies more than just sharing the same address, they are to physically be with only their wives and no one else.

A Christian husband also needs to dwell with his wife in understanding. He is to know his wife; know her moods, feelings, needs, fears, and hopes. He needs to listen with his heart and share meaningful communication with her. The more we spend time together and the more we communicate with each other the more we will know about each other. This is addressed to the husbands, but ladies we also need to be in tune with our husband's moods, feelings, needs, fears, and hopes. Communication is a two-way streak. When we are afraid to be open and honest about a matter, then we begin to build walls and not bridges. My friends, we do not want walls built in our marriages. Listen with your heart and grow together in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment