Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

New Beginnings

Let’s continue Ruth 1:19-21: we see here that Ruth and Naomi made the arduous journey to Bethlehem.


You can feel Naomi’s shame as she enters Bethlehem. The women called out to her – is that Naomi? Ruth 1:20 “But she said to them, "Do not call me Naomi; call me Mara, for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me.” - She stated that her name Naomi, which means sweetness or pleasantness, was improper for her in her condition. She said she should be called Mara, which means - bitter. You feel her pain, verse 21 says “I went out full, and the Lord has brought me home again empty. Why do you call me Naomi, since the Lord has testified against me, and the Almighty has afflicted me?" Ruth 1:21

Naomi had left Bethlehem because of a food famine, She returned with a famine in her soul. My friend, are you experiencing a famine in your soul? Do you feel, like Naomi, that God is chastising you? We cannot control the circumstances of life, but we can control how we respond to them. We need to remember that God is in control and that we need to totally submit our lives to Him and live our lives to glorify Him.

Naomi's complaint began and ended with a reference to the Almighty ―El Shaddai, the name of the all-powerful God. But as we continue our study we will see in the face of her deep tragedy God would soon proceed to act in gracious mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment