Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Friday, July 17, 2015

Trust and Obey

Can You Trust God ... Definitely YES!


He is absolutely sovereign over every aspect of our lives, he exercises that sovereignty in an infinitely wise and loving way for our good. Only as you know God intimately and seek to obey Him completely will you be able to establish a trust relationship with God. You can't trust someone you don't know, so how do you get to know God...be in His word daily, not just a five minute reading, I am talking about studying God's word so we can hide the scripture in our hearts. We need to pray constantly communicating with God and seeking His will. As we learn to accept that God has sovereign control of our lives, we will learn to trust that He will fulfill his plan in our lives. As we grow in our relationship with God, we will be able to say 'I can Trust God'!

My friend, ask yourself "do I really trust God with all my heart in all the events in my life?" When the path is straight and things are going smooth, it is easy to trust God isn't it. But what about the times where adversity strikes and we don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Perhaps you have lost your job and in this economy it is hard to find another job, you find yourself suffering financially, perhaps you just found out you have cancer or some other illness, maybe a tragedy in your life has struck and you simply don't understand why God would allow that in your life. These are times that really test our faith. It is through these times that we drop to our knees asking God for help, knowing that He is in control; He is sovereign - all knowing - all powerful. There is nothing out of his grasp. My friend, let us trust the Lord in every detail of our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment