Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Growing in Christ

In the natural realm the healthy vine requires both nourishment and pruning.


Through the Word of God we are nourished, but through adversity we are pruned. Christ said in John 15:1-2 ""I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit."

When you think of pruning, your mind automatically thinks of plants right, you prune your plants to help them grow and give them strength. By cutting away the unwanted and useless growth it forces the plant to use its life to produce fruit. In the same way that we prune our plants, God prunes us of any unwanted growth in our life; for example, when we start to get a bit prideful, God may need to prune out some of that unwanted pride with a bit of humility.

There are also times that we prune plants simply to shape them and to help them grow properly or into a certain shape. God uses adversity to prune away areas in our life simply to help us grow into stronger Christians, it may not be necessarily something bad in our lives, but simply to shape us into His image into what He wants us to be. The Christian life is about constantly growing, constantly being shaped into what God wants us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment