Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Sovereignty over Nature

As we continue our study on the sovereignty of God over Nature we also see how God not only uses weather to sustain nature and us but He also withholds it in times of need to draw us back to Him and for correction.


Let's look at Amos 4:7-9 "I also withheld rain from you, When there were still three months to the harvest. I made it rain on one city, I withheld rain from another city. One part was rained upon, And where it did not rain the part withered. So two or three cities wandered to another city to drink water, But they were not satisfied; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the LORD. "I blasted you with blight and mildew. When your gardens increased, Your vineyards, Your fig trees, And your olive trees, The locust devoured them; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the LORD."

Sometimes He uses it to bring judgment for sin: God brought the Great Flood upon humanity as a judgment for sin (Genesis 6-8). God exercised judgment by orchestrating plagues (Exodus 7-12, Numbers 11:33). When the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19:24) he told Abraham and Lot that he had destroyed the cities because of their sin (Genesis 18:20,21; 19:12-13). Jonah's disobedience prompted God to send a storm to rock the ship that carried Jonah. (Jonah 1:12).

My friend, God is in control of nature, both destructive and productive, moment by moment every second of the day just as He is in control of our lives moment by moment every second of the day. We need to live each day for the Lord in obedience to his word.

No comments:

Post a Comment