Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

I Surrender All to Jesus

I couldn’t help but think about the song “I Surrender All” and how this is the very key to us having a deep personal relationship with God.


The song says: All to Jesus, I surrender, All to Him I freely give; I will ever love and trust Him, In His presence daily live. Notice how the song starts off: “All to Jesus I surrender, all to Him I freely give.” We are to surrender everything to God, our possessions, our loved ones, and everything that consumes our life. We are to make sure that the “things” in our lives don’t replace God and that God is Lord of our life.

Then notice the song continues: “I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live.” Daily living in God’s presence! God wants an intimate relationship with us. He wants us to feel His presence in our lives. In order to have an intimate relationship with someone you have to get to know them personally. I am not talking about an acquaintance where you only know the shallow side of a person. I am talking about an intimate relationship, like one you would have with your husband or wife, where you tear down all the barriers in your life. There are no secrets. All the cards are out there on the table. If you have secrets from each other, or you have a part of you that you do not share, it builds barriers between you. So when we talk about pursuing an intimate relationship with God, we are talking about tearing down all the barriers in our lives, having no secrets, fully surrendered to Him. He knows our hearts and so even though we think we are hiding something, we aren’t. He knows everything. And when we are not close to Him, he grieves. He wants to have that place in our hearts and in our lives where we enjoy His presence. When you are living a godly life pursuing a deep personal relationship with God you will feel His presence, you will experience His love wrapped around you like you have never felt before.

Psalms 86:11-12 (NKJV) “Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your name forevermore.”

No comments:

Post a Comment