Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Jesus cares for you

What a difference a touch made ...


we see in Mark 5:25-26 there was a women who had been sick for twelve years and the doctors were unable to help her. Then verse 27-28 she hears of Jesus, she came up in the crowd behind Him and touched His cloak. For she thought, “If I just touch His garments, I will get well.” The woman planned to slip away and get lost in the crowd, but Jesus turned and stopped her. Tenderly, He elicited from her a wonderful testimony of what the Lord had done for her. Why did Jesus deal with her publicly? Why did He not simply permit her to remain anonymous and go her way? My friend, He wanted to be to her something more than a healer: He wanted to be her Savior. He wanted her to look into His face, feel His tenderness, and hear His loving words of assurance. By the time He finished speaking to her, she experienced something more than physical healing. We see in verse 34 that He called her "daughter" and sent her on her way with a benediction of peace. To "be made whole" meant much more than receiving mere physical healing, Jesus had given her spiritual healing as well!

My friend, Jesus wants us to feel His tenderness and hear His loving words of assurance also. Trust in the Lord through the adversities in your life. 1 Peter 5: 6-7 "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment