Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Sunday, May 1, 2016

God will guide you

I am always in awe of the river, seeing its power and relating it to God’s power.

The river is like our life, at one moment we are in the calm waters floating peacefully down the river, and yes there are a few little ripples along the way, but nothing that is too hard to handle. However, life isn’t always smooth. The next thing you know you are thrust into the hardships and trials of life. You can see how the turbulence tosses us to and foe just like the trials of life toss us to and foe.

James 1:2-3 ‘Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance’ (NASB)

Trials come in many forms, from financial problems, health issues, moral issues, accidents, loss of loved ones and more. They can be small trials to huge, life changing trials. So my friend, when trials come as it says in James “when” not “if”. Hold onto Jesus.

We must accept trials as part of the refining process that burns away impurities and prepares us to meet Christ. Trials teach us patience (Romans 5:3-4; James 1:2-3) and helps us grow to be all that Christ meant us to be.

When life seems to be dragging you down and you feel as if you are all alone, you are not! Christ is there! When you feel as if you are hanging on for dear life, remember, Jesus is the captain of the boat. He will guide you through the River of Life. It is through those trials that we trust God to meet all our needs and we see that God is always in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment