Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

God is Always with you

My friend, we are not alone through life. God is always there no matter what the circumstances are from the happy times to the gut wrenching times. Christ said he would never leave us...as we see in Hebrews 13:5 "For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 
 It is so reassuring to know that God Himself said He would never leave you nor forsake you, but when you look at the Greek text, the meaning becomes even stronger.

I love how Kenneth Wuest breaks the Greek text down here. He says "The word 'leave' is preceded by two negatives in the Greek text which serves to strengthen the negation. It is "I will not, I will not cease to sustain and uphold thee." The word "forsake" is a compound of three Greek words, egkataleipo, eg meaning "in," kata meaning "down," and Leipo meaning "to leave." Leipo has the idea of forsaking one, kata suggests rejection, defeat, helplessness, and eg refers to some place or circumstance in which a person may find himself helpless, forsaken. The meaning of the word is that of forsaking someone in a state of defeat or helplessness in the midst of hostile circumstances. The word in its totality means "to abandon, desert, leave in straits, leave helpless, leave destitute, leave in the lurch, let one down." There are three negatives before this word, making the promise one of triple assurance. It is, "I will not, I will not, I will not let thee down, leave thee in the lurch, leave thee destitute, leave thee in straits and helpless, abandon thee." All of which means that our God will come to our rescue when we find ourselves in difficult circumstances.—Wuest's Word Studies

God will always be with you as He Himself has promised! Remember Him in the good times as well as the bad times. Praise Him and Thank Him for all He has done for you - Past, Present, and Future! Live your life for Jesus every second of the day; Don't waste a single moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment