Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

God watches over you

Joseph is another example we have seen in scripture of the Providence of God working in his life.
 
 His brothers threw him into a pit then sold him into slavery, a malicious act in and of itself, but in due time Joseph recognized that through his brothers' actions God was acting. Joseph said in Genesis 45:8 "So now it was not you who sent me here, but God; and He has made me a father to Pharaoh, thelord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt." Joseph recognized the hand of God in his life sovereignly directing all the events to bring about God's plan for him. God used even the malicious act of his brothers selling him into slavery to fulfill the plan and purpose he had for Joseph's life.

My friend, God has sovereign control of every aspect of our lives. He is in absolute control. He does not get frustrated or surprised by the events in our lives. He doesn’t sleep or look away only to come back and see we took a wrong turn in our lives or we fell into a pit somewhere. No, He is with us 24/7 watching us, carrying us through the tough times, leading us through our lives, working out the details to fulfill the plan and purpose He has for us. O
ur lives are under the control of an all-powerful and all-loving God; our suffering has meaning and purpose in God's eternal plan. The doctrine of God's providence clearly affirms that we can trust Him. God does care for us and He does constantly, not occasionally, govern all the affairs of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment