Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Faith in Action

We have talked about God’s sovereign hand in every aspect of our lives; but we need to be cautious here that we don’t begin to think that God’s sovereignty negates any responsibility of ours to live responsible and prudent lives. 
 
Nehemiah reflects God's sovereign plan to rebuild Jerusalem, yet scripture repeatedly shows Nehemiah preparing strategically, positioning and arming the people. Look at Nehemiah 4:6-9. Notice verse 9: "Nevertheless we made our prayer to our God, and because of them we set a watch against them day and night." - They prayed, recognizing God's sovereignty and posted a guard recognizing their responsibility. My friend, there is no contradiction between praying and God’s Sovereign control. We pray for protection and travel mercies right, but we also need to put on our seat belt and drive responsibly. We pray for healing and health concerns and yet we go to the doctor and receive medical treatments. God uses the circumstances in our lives to accomplish His will. God's sovereignty does not negate our responsibility to pray, but rather makes it possible to pray with confidence.

Prayer is the expression of confidence in the sovereignty of God. -Psalm 57:2 "I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs all things for me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment