Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

God's Grace is Sufficient

Are you going through a trial and asking God to relieve you from the pain and anguish? The Apostle Paul knows how you feel.  

We see in 2 Corinthians 12:8 that Paul asked Three times for the thorn in his flesh to be removed. In the original language, we see that Paul didn't just ask three times all at once, but he pleaded with God three separate times, so you could just imagine that this thorn must have brought a lot of pain and anguish. In the previous verses we see why Paul was given this thorn; 2 Corinthians 12:7 'So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.'

Though God accepts the prayer of faith, he does not always give what is asked for: God does not always take away our troubles because He knows what is best for us, yet, He gives grace enough for us to handle the trial. Notice in verse nine Christ says "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

Just remember as you are going through this trial that The Lord does hear your prayers and He will answer according to His will for you and in His timing. His answer may not always be what we want or expect, but we are guaranteed that His answer will be for our good and God will be glorified through it as we relinquish control to Him and trust Him in the midst of the trial. We are assured of a sufficiency of grace to support us under the trial, so long as it should last. Be patient and Trust God for the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment