Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Set the Tone

My friends, in these uncertain days we need to draw our strength and hope in our Lord Jesus Christ!  We need to remind ourselves every morning when we get up that God is with us and is in Control. We need to draw close to Him in Prayer and Bible study. 
 
Challenge for you today: Choose to start your day remembering God and recite Psalm 118:24 'This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.' I know that sounds simplistic, but it really works to help set the tone for the rest of the day. This has helped me through some very tough times, just knowing that no matter what was ahead in my day, remembering that 'this is the day which the Lord has made' helped me to follow through on the rest of the verse: Therefore I will rejoice and be glad in it.

I remind myself that because God was in charge of my day, I knew whatever happened would work out in the end according to His plan for my life. I learned to relinquish control and allow God to be in the driver's seat. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you - James 4:8

Have a blessed day my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment