Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Friday, January 27, 2017

God is with you always

One thing we need to remember is that the Christian faith is not based on feelings but on a relationship with Jesus Christ.  
 
The danger with basing our relationship on emotions is that you begin to seek those emotions instead of the presence of God. There are many Christians who would say that at a particular time they felt God's presence more than other times. You find David, in the book of Psalms, many times crying out to God because he didn't feel his presence. For example: Psalms 10:1 'Why do You stand afar off, O LORD? Why do You hide Yourself in times of trouble?' ... Psalm 13:1 'How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me?' ... Psalm 71:12 'Be not far from me, O God; come quickly, O my God, to help me.'

My friend, Just because you do not feel God's presence doesn't mean that God is not with you. We see many times in scripture of how God works in lives through our daily life routines. He is always working in and through us according to His will for our lives. The Christian life is a continual process whereas we grow each day in our Christian walk. In order to transform and strengthen our faith, we need to be in God's word daily. Romans 10:17 tells us 'So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ'. We need to be in God's word, studying it and asking God to reveal what He wants us to learn. 

Keep trusting and surrendering your life to Christ and you will grow in your Christian walk. Live each day seeking God's will and as you go through the ups and downs of life, your faith will be strengthened. Remember God is with you always - he promises to Never leave you ~ Hebrews 13:5.

No comments:

Post a Comment