Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Embrace God's Best

When Trials come into our lives, as it says in James 1:2 'when' not 'if' trials come, we can do one of three things: Endure them; Escape them; or Embrace them.
 
If we only Endure our trials, then trials become our master, and we have a tendency to become hard and bitter.

If we try to Escape our trials, then we will probably miss the purposes God wants to achieve in our lives. 

But if we learn to Embrace our trials, they will become our servants instead of our masters and work for us; and God will work all things together for our good and His glory. 

The Apostle Paul embraced his trials. He said in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 'For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.' 

We cannot simply endure our trials or run from them, we need to embrace them. We need to claim the promises of God and obey the Word of God, in spite of what we see or how we feel or what may happen to us. We need to trust God in every circumstance of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment