Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Living to Hear: Well Done

Our Motivation for living godly lives should be to please the Lord, to be able to stand before Him at the Judgment Seat of Christ and have Him say 'Well Done, thy good and faithful servant'.  We are to have an attitude like the Apostle Paul as he said in Philippians 3:14 'I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus' NKJV

Keep our eyes on the goal my friend because one day we will stand before the Lord and be held accountable for what we did in His name.  II Corinthians 5:10 says 'For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad'.  The first time I heard about the Judgment Seat of Christ, it set a spirit inside of me of accountability.  It set in me a drive to strive to keep my motives in check.  It was sobering to me to hear that there are rewards that I could have received if only I had not missed the opportunity.  It made me want to be a better Christian, to not take my salvation for granted but to bring honor and glory to God in every aspect of my life.  Imagine, staring into the face of Christ, one on one, and seeing your entire life before you as He sees it.  No hiding, no putting a better spin on what you did because He knows everything and He knows your heart attitude.  I don't want to have to say I gave my second best, but rather I gave my best to bring You honor and glory.  Live each day for the Lord my friend because we never know when He will return.  To learn more about the Judgment Seat of Christ click this link: http://empoweredbiblestudy.sermon.tv/Exploring_End_Times/2237710

No comments:

Post a Comment