Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Our Agenda or God's?

Jerry Bridges once said, 'to live less stressful lives, we must learn to live with a single agenda: God's agenda!"  How many times do we approach life's problems without thinking of God?  We need to be reminded that just because life isn't smooth doesn't mean we are out on our own.  We need to remember that it is not our will but God's.  It is His agenda for our lives that God will guard, protect, and advance.  We must learn to live by His agenda if we are to trust Him.  It is about our relationship with the Sovereign God.  It is about trusting God in the midst of life even when we don't understand.  It is about how did I live in spite of all the circumstances and heartaches in my life - did I trust God.  It is about being able to hear Christ say, 'good and faithful servant' in the end. We need to put our faith, put our trust in the One True God.  We need to know that Yes He is in control of every aspect of my life.  When we trust in God it will transform your life as you relinquish control and ultimately make God Lord of your life.  It is through His strength that we take each step and as we learn to trust we will find ourselves thanking God for everything in our lives.

5 comments: