Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Walk by Faith not Sight

We left off in our last post with Boaz instructing Ruth to glean only from his field.  Now let’s look at Ruth’s response in Ruth 2:10 "So she fell on her face, bowed down to the ground, and said to him, "Why have I found favor in your eyes, that you should take notice of me, since I am a foreigner?" 


Ruth's response to Boaz was one of humility and gratitude.  Falling down or bowing before another person was a common ancient gesture of honor, respect, gratitude or submission.

Boaz let her know in verse eleven that he had heard about her and what she did for Naomi after the death of her husband.  

Ruth’s life exhibited admirable qualities.  She was kind, faithful, loving and hardworking.  Wherever Ruth went or whatever she did, her character remained the same.  Ruth had trusted God and she had proved her faith by leaving her homeland of false gods and cleaving to her mother-in-law and becoming a part of the people of Israel in Bethlehem.  

My friend, we need ask ourselves, what reputation am I leaving?  Would people see Christ in me?  Am I trusting God for the circumstances in my life?  Let us seek refuge in the Lord Jesus Christ.  Let us keep our focus on Jesus and not on the circumstances around us.  Let us place our trust in the One True God to lead us, protect us and meet our needs as He did with Ruth.

Join me in our next post as we continue to see Ruth’s life unfold before us.  Until then, have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment