Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Feed on God's Word

We can know God as certainly as we know material things through our familiar five senses: Seeing; Hearing; Touching; Tasting; Smelling

Seeing: Matthew 5:8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.”
Hearing: John 10:27 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.”

Touching: Mark 5:27 “When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment.”

Tasting: Psalms 34:8 “O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.”

Smelling: Psalms 45:8 “All Your garments are scented with myrrh and aloes and cassia, Out of the ivory palaces, by which they have made You glad.”

My friend, glorify God through your life! We need to make sure that we are so close to God, that we know His voice, that we know the difference between God’s voice and an impostor’s voice.

When we read “O taste and see that the Lord is good”; "Taste" doesn't suggest a sip or a nibble; it implies feeding on the Lord through His Word and experiencing all He has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment