Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Walking Example

Some people leave lasting impressions on us whether it is a good impression or bad.


As Christians we are to be examples for the Christian life. My desire is to be the type of person that leaves a good impression on someone that ignites them to live for The Lord. No matter what age you are, you are a walking example to those around you.

One of my favorite verses is Titus 2:3-5 'the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things -- that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.' NKJV
As we see in Titus, we are to show reverence and not be slanderers or as the KJV says 'false accusers'. - picking up gossip and spreading it. My friend, this is addressed to women, but all of us need to be living examples for others to follow and not slanderers.

I remember when I was single, I would watch other married couples, both saved and unsaved and saw quite a few things that I said I would never do when I go married. I don't know how many times I would hear someone tearing their spouse down - just not acceptable according to Scripture! We are to build each other up, not tear down and this can be applied to all age groups not just married couples.

When we show reverence and honor to those around us, Christ is glorified. When we show dishonor, we dishonor God. Remember, we are always being watched as to how we handle circumstances and how we act. Be obedient so that the Word of God may not be blasphemed.

Lord, help me live a life that ignites others to live for you. Titus 2:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment