Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Friday, January 23, 2015

Sacrificial Lamb

As we continue our fifth spiritual incentive - The Love of God (1 Peter 1:18-21) we will concentrate on verses 19-20: ... 'but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you'


In calling Christ a Lamb, Peter was reminding his readers of an Old Testament teaching that was important in the early church, and that ought to be important to us today. It is the doctrine of substitution: an innocent victim giving his life for the guilty. It was not an accident, it was not by chance, it was foreordained before the foundation of the world. Peter made it clear that Christ's death was an appointment, not an accident; for it was ordained by God before the foundation of the world (Acts 2:23).

From the human perspective, our Lord was cruelly murdered; but from the divine perspective, He laid down His life for sinners (John 10:17-18). But He was raised from the dead! Now, anyone who trusts Him will be saved for eternity. Don't waste another minute my friend. If you have not accepted Jesus Christ into your life, I invite you to,do it today. Here is a sample prayer: "Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my personal Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name. Amen." ~

If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

No comments:

Post a Comment