Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Refrain from Sin

The more we live to glorify God, the more we refrain from sin. In 1 Peter 4:2 Peter tells us why God breaks the power of the sinful nature at the moment the Christian is saved.


Let's look at verse two: "that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God." The word "lust" in Greek speaks of any strong craving, here an evil craving. It is in order that we should no longer live the rest of our earthly life in the sphere of the cravings (lusts) of men, but live in the sphere of the will of God. My friend, If we do the will of God, then we will invest the rest of our time in that which is lasting and satisfying; but if we give in to the world around us, that time us wasted and we will regret it when we stand before Jesus.

We need to strive to live godly lives and refrain from sin. We need to decrease and God needs to increase in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment