Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Consequences of our Actions

We left off in chapter seven with Esther revealing Haman's plot to kill her and her people as king Ahasuerus grew angry and ordered Haman to be hung on the very gallows he built to hang Mordecai.


But this was not the end, just because Haman was dead did not mean the Jewish people were safe from annihilation. The Decree written by Haman to annihilate the Jews was still in effect and according to Persian law even the king could not change it.

My friend, this shows us that the consequences of our actions live on long after we are gone. So the question we should be asking is, what legacy are we leaving behind? Are the consequences of our actions good or bad? We need to think before we act; Think about the consequences that will result from our actions. Will they bring glory to God or will it bring dishonor. What is the purpose behind our actions? Is it for our own selfish gain or for the gain of others?

Let us stop and think of the consequences before we act and make sure our motives are pure. Let us live our lives to glorify our Lord, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment