Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

The Lord provides

We left off in our last post where Ruth asks permission to go to the fields and glean among the ears of grain.  I don’t want to just read over this my friend, let’s stop here for a second and I want to share with you the wonderful blessings God has put into place.  

God had made a wonderful provision for the poor among His people. When the farmers of the land reaped their harvest, whatever was left over was to be left for the poor. No field, vineyard, or tree was to be harvested a second time. So the gleanings that had been left were to remain for the poor. Note how clearly God's commandment had spelled this out: Leviticus 19:9-10 “Now when you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap to the very corners of your field, neither shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest.  Nor shall you glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather the fallen fruit of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the needy and for the stranger.  I am the Lord your God.”  We also see God’s commandment in Leviticus 23:22 and Deuteronomy 24:19-22. 

What an awesome God we have!  God set laws to protect and provide for the poor, the stranger, and the widow.  My dear friend, God cares for you and will meet your needs just as He did with Ruth and Naomi.  Until our next post, have a wonderful day gleaning on all the blessings God has given you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment