Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Be Empowered

One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:13 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'. The Apostle Paul knew this all too well. In his life he suffered for Christ's sake, was beaten with rods, stoned, shipwrecked, placed in prisons, was hungry and cold yet his testimony was 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.' This was not an expression of pride in his own abilities but a declaration of the strength provided by Christ. The Greek word for strengthen in this verse means to empower. My friend, Christ empowers us and gives us the ability to face whatever circumstance we are faced with.

The Amplified Bible translates it 'I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].

The Living Bible puts it this way 'for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power.'

We are not alone, it is through Christ we are made strong. Paul said in 2 Corinthians 12:10 'Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.'

The power of Christ in Paul's life empowered him to live as unto the Lord. And so it is for the life that lies ahead of you and me. Paul accomplished great things for God even though he suffered much. Fixing his eyes on Christ he said 'I can' and so can you and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment