Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Friday, July 10, 2020

Coming Home

Naomi is finally heading home as she and Ruth make the arduous journey from Moab to Bethlehem.  

Let us open our Bibles to Ruth 1:19-21 as we continue our study.  These are very hard verses to read.  Your heart goes out to Naomi as you feel the bitterness and pain  that she felt. 

The whole city had heard of Naomi coming home and called out to her saying ‘Is this Naomi?”  She answers them back in verse twenty saying “Do not call me Naomi, call me Mara; for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me.”  

You see the name Naomi means - sweetness or pleasantness and she felt it was improper for the condition that she was in.  Instead she said call me Mara which means - bitter.  You can feel her pain.  She continues in verse twenty one: “I went out full, and the Lord has brought me home again empty.  Why do you call me Naomi, since the Lord has testified against me, and the Almighty has afflicted me?” 

My dear friend, are you going through some hardships and feel as if God is chastising you like Naomi did?  Are you experiencing a famine in your soul?  

Take comfort in knowing that God is with you and knows what you are going through, you are not alone.  We may not be able to control the circumstances around us, but we can control how we respond to them.  Take courage and don’t allow bitterness to set in but trust God for the outcome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment