Welcome to Empowered Bible Studies

Bible study is essential to our Christian walk. As we study God's Word, our personal relationship with God grows deeper and deeper. It empowers us to live for the Lord in every aspect of our lives. This is what has inspired me to do an online Bible study.

Many years ago my husband introduced me to a commentary on the book of Colossians and I was so blessed as the Scripture came to life before my very eyes. Since that day we have developed an extensive library and enjoy studying God's Word.

I have prepared some Bible studies that I would like to share with you. My prayer is that they will bless you as much as they have blessed me in preparing them. I pray your life is touched and that it would inspire you to live every moment of every day for Christ.

Please click on the link to the left under 'Empowered Bible Studies' for the Bible Study you would like to view.

Daily Devotions:

You may receive our Daily Devotions via email - look for the 'Subscribe to Blog' on the Left hand side.

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Cleanse my life Lord


Naomi, with hope in her heart, now gives a fourfold instruction of preparation to Ruth on what to do before she presents herself to Boaz as we see in Ruth 3: 3-4. 


The First preparation is that Ruth was to Wash Herself: The Law of Moses required ceremonial washings, taking a bath and changing clothes usually preceded a special event. When we enter the presence of our Lord, we must also cleanse ourselves. Does this mean we need to physically take a bath every time we want to talk to God – absolutely NOT! We are talking about spiritually cleansing ourselves. When we ask forgiveness for the sins in our lives God washes the record clean.

1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

II Corinthians 7:1 “Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.”

Psalm 51:2 “Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.”


My friend, Just as Ruth had to prepare herself before meeting her kinsman redeemer, we need to also prepare. Every day we need to be examining our lives making sure that our lives glorify God and not ourselves. We need to examine what takes precedence in our life, is God first?

When you look back at the end of your day, can you say God was glorified in your day?

Like winnowing – would the activities in your life represent the chaff that gets blown away in the wind or will they drop to the threshing floor and count to glorify God?


We will look at the second instruction for preparation in our next post. Until then, have a blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment